Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Got Milk?

Dziękuję for joining us Poland. Good to have you onboard. This world domination thing is painfully slow. Ha, oh well, you can't fault a trier. 


So, I believe on my last post, I mentioned 1.2.1 only woke for a feed once, at 3am. That was Friday. Saturday, she woke at 4am. Sunday, she didn't wake at all. Not once. My almost 5 month old darling child let me sleep aaaaall night long. Well, ok, of course I didn't sleep all night, I kept waking wondering why the hell she hadn't got me up for a feed. I'd have to listen out for the smallest noise, just to make sure all was good. It got to 7am, I heard a sneeze, then nothing. I closed my eyes thinking I'd be woken a few minutes later... I opened them, looked at the time, and it was 8am! Still not a peep! I'm beginning to think something's wrong. I open her bedroom door quietly, and tip toe into her room, only to find her laying there, wide awake, just merrily sucking on her fingers. How long has she been like this? I start realising why some people have video monitors. I used to scoff at the thought of such frivolity. Oh how I laugh (on the other side of my face) now.


The next night, same deal. I woke to find she still hadn't demanded a feed, and again I went in to her room to find her chilling with her wee fingers in her wee gob. This is fantastic news for my sleep, but not for my lady lumps. They feel like (what I imagine is) a really bad boob job. I feed her and pump the rest. I fill the bottle, and then some. I end up with almost 9oz of the white gold. So I put it in a bottle thinking I'll try (once again) feeding her with it later. She takes a little, but she seems to spit out more than she swallows. I wonder why she likes it from one source and not another? She seems to actually like the bottle to chew on, just not for sustenance. When I've frozen it and tried to feed her, it's not been accepted, and it turned out it was off, so I was glad she hadn't ingested it. But why is it off? Is it my freezer?? Is it me??? Whatever the case, I've given up freezing and just keep trying on the fresh stuff, but since she won't take more than a whiff of that, what should I do with the rest? I have fun joking that I'm going to sell it, but really, there's got to be a better way. I look into donation, and it seems there is a really great source out there that takes donations to feed premature babies, so I'm actually seriously considering this. If I can help a tiny little being get the b(r)e(a)st start in life, who am I to argue?


Well, there's lots on the agenda this week, so I'll sign off here, but I hope I can keep warming my fingers on the keyboard and have some more gibberish to share.


My Google search of the day - is Prolacta Bioscience legit - and yes, yes it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment