Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sleeping Beauty

It takes many factors to be in alignment for me to be able to write this blog. It's clear that they have not been for quite a while. I don't know how I managed to write every day for so long at the beginning... I feel bad, cause some of you lovely, yet mental readers still check every day to see if I've written anything... but alas... tumbleweed.


So finally, the stars are aligned, and I guess an update is in order. 1.2.1 is still amazing... nuff said, think I can log off now. Nah but seriously, she just get's more and more awesome every day. She's still not taking a bottle, but she loves her car seat, she's sleeping like a champ (even though her blinds still aren't up), and she never ceases to amaze me with her daily development. If we had carpet in the house, I think she would just roll her way from place to place. A few weeks back she started trying to push up onto her knees, and using her head to scoot forward. She's very smart, but can be quite odd sometimes.


The sleeping issues that seemed to be ironed out and didn't want to jinx by talking about, have gone from good to excellent. Earlier in the week I woke at 2:30am and realised that she hadn't woken for her usual 11pm feed. So, since I was hugely engorged and wanted to make sure she was still breathing, I went in to nurse her. I found her laying there sucking on her favourite two fingers after managing to eek her right hand out the top of her swaddle. I fed her and decided that I'd leave her little hand where it was and see if it would stay peekabooing out, and I'd not have an escape act on my hands (when she removes both arms she can flip herself over and I still don't want her sleeping on her belly). So I made sure all was secure and went back to bed. I didn't hear another peep until 7am. At first I thought this was a fluke, but I've swaddled her with her right hand free every night, and right around 3am, I hear a wee bit of chatter and realise 1.2.1 is ready for her nightly snack. No crying, no wailing, just a wee bit of grunting and babble. Too cute... and awesome for me... 6 hours sleep in a row last night, then another 3 before morning. I'm the luckiest mum alive.


Two nights ago, she ended up being wide awake at her 3am feed, and was all ready to play with me. She kept popping off and looking up at me through the dim light from the hallway, and would give me a massive grin and a giggle. She did this a bunch of times, and as much as I was concerned that she wouldn't fall back to sleep, I couldn't help but giggle with her. It was very sweet. By the time she was done playing with her food, I had decided I would try putting her down anyway. She has this delightful seahorse that glows and plays lullabies, that she got for her Christmas, so I popped that next to her and walked out. When I got back to bed, she was far from asleep, but she wasn't crying, so I just dozed off listening to her cute little noises. Then the next time I woke, I realised she never cried, she just went off to sleep. I was amazed.


Tonight at bedtime, she didn't fall asleep at her last feed, so I decided I would try putting her down while awake again. I expected to hear her chat for a while, but as soon as I turned the monitor on, she was quiet. She had gone off to sleep on her own again. What a doll.


Her naps have been amazing too, so she's just this happy, well rested, delightful little girl. Not sure what I did to deserve such an amazing child, but I'll take it.


My Google search of the day - natural play mats - I want to cover her bedroom floor, so she can roll around until her hearts content.

No comments:

Post a Comment