Friday, January 7, 2011

Optimist Prime

Momentous day. I decided I couldn't take the mutual torture of having 1.2.1 scream her little lungs out in the portable car seat, so I got my husband to change it out and put the baby elephant in (literally, it's the same colour and everything). I thought that all was lost and we were just going to have to suffer when he put her in, cause she was bawling again. But, as we took off, she started settling down and just began sucking on her fingers and updating me every now and then with her cute little babble. Then she just fell asleep. This was on a 20 minute drive, so I was keen to see if it was a fluke. On the way home, it was even more clear that she was a much happier bunny in the grey beast. She was awake the entire journey and didn't cry once. I'm absolutely, positively, 100% super stoked about this revelation, because it was causing a lot of stress and I would avoid driving unless it was absolutely necessary, and that's not handy in a state where you have to drive everywhere.


The next item on the agenda? Taking a bottle. I received the highly rated, strongly recommended, very difficult to get hold of (in the US), MAM bottles. I could only try using them myself today (and that's about as likely to work as offering my husband his guinness through a dirty football players sock), but she actually sucked on it for a few seconds, which gave me hope. We'll get a better idea if they're going to work tomorrow, since I will not be the one administering them. There's a lot riding on these little suckers (pardon the pun), so they just better work... otherwise... actually I don't want to think of otherwise. I'm just going to be optimistic. After all that's what 2011 has been all about so far. I'm loving it.


My Google search of the day "post pregnancy knee pain" - self explanatory really.

No comments:

Post a Comment