Saturday, January 22, 2011

Knowledge Isn't Always Power

I was very excited for 1.2.1 and my first mummy and baby yoga class this morning. I was slightly concerned about the timing of it since she has been taking some mammoth naps first thing, and I knew she'd need a nap before we left. So when she woke earlier than usual, I thought we'd both be safe to have a wee kip an hour later, when she got sleepy. I set my alarm and snuggled up with my pillow. A wee while later I woke to a sleepy whimper, and looked at my phone (also my alarm). It had gone off, but since my phone has been through several wars, it seems the volume doesn't work, and I never heard it. We were late and I knew we'd never make it. So, instead of kicking myself, I snuggled back up to my pillow since 1.2.1 had fallen back asleep. 


It's a six week class, so no real biggy. I do feel a bit bummed, but I also feel like it was a sign that I wasn't to wake 1.2.1 since she seems to be on a massive growth spurt. So much so, that by her afternoon nap, I kid you not, she didn't fit into her swaddle. Luckily I had some new larger swaddles on hand, being the (somewhat) organised mumma that I am. So, we'll go one more week without her baby peers, but I think we'll cope.


She has some new tricks. One, is crossing her fingers. A couple of days ago she started doing it with her right hand. I keep trying to take a photo of her doing it, so I can send it to the national lottery (UK), and get sponsored for their add campaigns. I don't know how normal it is for a four and a half month old baby to do this, but I feel strongly that they'll think it's pretty cute and pay me a boat load if cash... Huh, I just googled this phenomenon, and the youngest I can find anyone talking about is 9 months. People keep going on about how the information they read about this was "disturbing". What the hell? A baby crossing it's fingers is disturbing?? So upon further research people are talking about how it's linked to autism. Wow, didn't see that one coming. Oh my god, now I'm reading that sucking on their hands obsessively is a sign also... I'm laying off google for a while. 


So another fun thing she's doing is making growling noises like she's a monster. Next thing I'm going to read is that that's a sign of her being... a monster. Oh crap. I wish she'd stop gnawing on my stumpy finger and go back to sleep, mummy needs to go back to bed before she has a breakdown.


ON STRIKE FROM GOOGLE

No comments:

Post a Comment