Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Grass isn't Always Greener

The dive bombing of the boob continues. I was particularly upset that she carries on doing it at her sleepy feed in the middle of the night. So since I was horribly engorged, but wasn't prepared to start pumping at 4am, I had to do some manual expressing. I have never felt more like a cow. It's quite impressive how far and for how long that little stream can go for... more TMI, but it's just yet another one of those things us poor women have to deal with.


As I was changing 1.2.1 at stupid o'clock this morning, she started kicking her legs straight up into a V. This would be pretty cute by regular standards, but since she was wearing a cream coloured Pajama suit with feet, I had total visions of male gymnasts on the pommel horse. Disturbing and funny all at once.


So this 4am wake up, it's like clockwork. That and her 11pm wake up. No matter how many times she's up before, in between or after, she will still always wake at 11pm and 4am. It's beyond me how babies internal clocks work, but work they do. Unfortunately at that 11pm feed, she likes to stay up for an hour or so. At least she stays up to be cute, smiley and chatty. I could be dealing with a screaming terror, so I won't complain... honest.


I'm really hoping that the boob bobbing and multiple wake ups ease up sooner rather than later though, but it's hard to see beyond tomorrow. It's like when you're sick or have the worst hangover, you never feel like you're going to feel well again. Thankfully 1.2.1's little nuances are far more pleasurable than the flu or the side effects of ten jager shots. I'm pretty convinced they will pass though. Well they better, cause I'm not prepared to have 1.2.1 sleeping in a bassinet next me when she's 18... I hope.


My Google search of the day - "Natural teething remedies" - still convinced she's going to cut a tooth in the next 4 weeks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment