Monday, December 27, 2010

Puppy Dog Tales

I started writing a post about breast feeding and starting solids and formula and boob jobs. It was getting very intense and not very fun, so I decided just to write about boob jobs instead.


I've wanted a boob job since I knew what they were. I was a late developer, but my body didn't make up for it's tardiness with volume, so I had quite a few nicknames. My arms and legs are skinny, but my hips are substantial, so I always felt that a little extra somethin' somethin' up top would balance me out. Once I met my husband, I was assured I'd have support (pardon the pun) if I wanted to go ahead with it one day. I knew that once I had a baby, I'd absolutely want to breast feed (if I was able), even at the risk of ending up with spaniel ears. So the boob job could come once they're done with feeding babies... savings allowing.


Lately there's been a lot of chat about breastfeeding, and during one of these conversations, my brother chimed in about some women not breastfeeding due to vanity and not wanting to ruin their rack. So my sister in law suggested I look into the cost of formula for a year versus a boob job. So I did. With the help of my husband, we figured out that, depending on brand, and amount consumed, formula can cost anywhere between $3,000 - $4,000 for a year (that's a whole lot of money when you have a free supply right at your husbands finger tips). A good boob job can be anywhere upward of $3,000. So to sum up, I say save the money, feed the baby the white gold and get a boob job if you're not happy with your spaniel ears at the end of it. Your baby (and likely your husband!) will thank you for it.


My Google search of the day - "best juicers" - I so need a detox after Chrimbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment