Sunday, December 19, 2010

Some Kind of Wonderful

I love it when 1.2.1 contradicts me (I won't be saying that when she's older). Last night she didn't wake at 11 (it was 11.50), she fed really well, she didn't stay up for an hour and she slept in her crib aaaaalll night! I believe it partially came down to my husband being an accidental genius. Since 1.2.1 was born we've left the hall light on. It's just easier to have a wee glow come into the room so I can see where I'm going when I get up. Last night however, unbenounced to me (I was already in bed), he'd turned it off. When I realised this at 1.2.1's first feed and almost smashed my toe, I was a little disgruntled. Then I thought that maybe this was the reason she'd slept a bit longer and decided I'd try it out all night. Her bedroom door stands at half mast you see. There's about three inches missing from the bottom, which lets in an obscene amount of light. So when she has a mini wake and can see the fun things around her, she's bound to be more stimulated than if she stirs and is in pitch blackness. Makes sense to me... It'll be interesting if this theory holds any water when we get the blackout blinds I ordered. Generally 1.2.1 does about four mini naps a day. I'd like her to do three longer naps, so I'm hoping the darkness in the room will encourage this. Oh, don't worry, I'll be keeping ya'll posted... whether you like it or not.


I talk a lot about 1.2.1's sleeping and eating habits, but all I really want to do is talk about how cute, funny and smart she is. The only problem with that is, nobody likes a boaster. It's hard not to be a stupidly proud parent though. Even if all she could do was look at me and drool with a goofy look on her face, I'm pretty sure I'd still want to tell you all how wonderful she is. I think that goes part and parcel when the stork drops them off. It's a free pass to gloat. But actually, now I think about it, she can't be that smart, cause when she does her favourite roll from back to front, she flops on her belly and within about five seconds she starts acting like she's being tortured. I place her on her back, she immediately rolls to her front, lays for a moment and then cries, and so the process is repeated until one of us gets bored. I guess it's more about the journey than the destination... so maybe she is that smart after all. I love my baby girl.


My Google search of the day - "mum and baby groups, tempe" - 1.2.1 needs some peers.

1 comment:

  1. One of my friends does some kind of stroller aerobics and has met some other nice moms there - you should look into it!

    ReplyDelete