Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Happy Feet

I discovered I was a control freak after the birth of 1.2.1. Quite a shock to the system. I've been good with everyone else being in control for pretty much my entire life, so this is very hard for me to get my head around. I have to nip it in the bud though. I can't hover over my husband every time he changes her diaper, or tell him he needs to hold her a certain way, or that he's looking at her wrong and expect to be married for much longer. So the plan is to wean me from my controlling ways. It started last night and went really well. We'll build it up bit by bit, and hopefully by the time she's 18 I'll be able to spend an entire evening away from her. I jest, but really it'll be good for us all. 


What will really help in this weaning process, is the fact that we have worked through 1.2.1's nursing issues and she is now having a really good belly full every 3-4 hrs now, instead of me still trying to do the EASY routine and feed her after every nap... which equates to feeding every 2 hours, and her only having a little sippy sip. This means that (since she still won't take a bottle) I can go out and about and leave her in the capable hands of her father and know she won't starve.


The other thing I'm trying to stop doing is second guess myself. When I miss a sleepy cue and 1.2.1. has a screaming fit because she's past her prime, I think that I'm going to be soothing her for hours, or that it's really hunger, not tiredness. But after 3 minutes of wailing, she gets really calm and then is fast asleep in the next 2 minutes. It happens almost every time, so why do I question myself every 2-3 hours? You think I'd get it by now. It's probably just the newness of it all. I'm going to start giving myself a break... where's that kitkat?


All in all it's been a busy week of learning and achievements for us all. 1.2.1 finally got a hold of her feet this afternoon. Something she has been desperate to do for weeks. The day she set eyes on them, she had to have them. She would bend forward as far as she could, wiggle them, grunt, stretch her hands out towards them, but alas, they were just out of reach. It didn't stop her from trying every time she caught sight of them though. It is up there with some of the cutest things she has done. Then today, all her hard work paid off and she clasped her prize in her tiny little hand. I almost had a tear in my eye. The next step? getting those suckers in her mouth... now that I really can't wait for.


My Google search of the day - "Daniel Tosh 2011 tour" unfortunately I found that he won't be coming to Tempe anytime soon. sad face.

No comments:

Post a Comment