Friday, December 17, 2010

Talking Spit

Every day 1.2.1's vocal abilities astound me, and for some reason she's particularly chatty on the changing table. I swear she's said hello, hiya, nanny and ooohh yeeeeah. But the other day she started adding some bubbly saliva into the mix. It makes her slightly less audible, but definitely more amusing... and soggy. It's really weird, she gathers a bunch of slobber, puts her lips together and starts going through her ummm's and beee's and has this cheeky smile on her face. Maybe it feels kinda good, or maybe she's just got so much extra drool that she has no option but to use it as a talking tool. Either way, it's rather funny, and I'm always up for a bit of light entertainment.


Another thing she's been doing lately is part amusing, part utterly frustrating. When she feeds, she latches on for a wee second, pops off, looks up at me, grins, looks at her hands, chills for another wee second, then dives on my boob like a killer whale on a baby seal. You'd think for that moment she'd been starved for a week, I don't get it. This goes on and on for about ten minutes, then she may relax and take on a few ounces. I can't help but giggle the first couple of times (which encourages the grins), but after a few bobs, it begins to get sore... and messy. I start getting engorged when she doesn't take on enough, so I tend to squirt her in the eye if I don't plug the leak promptly. Again, initially amusing (especially when she ends up with droplets of milk on her eyelashes which make it look she's been out in the snow), but gets old and all I want her to do is nurse and satisfy both our needs. So tonight I'm hoping for a few more hours sleep, and all her feeds to be full"filling". Sorry. But I hope it's not asking too much, cause it would make this mummy very happy, and rested.


My Google search of the day - "Can you get stamps delivered?" - sounds ironic, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment